Veracity OUTREACH Max 100m Indoor LAN/POE Extender
Veracity OUTREACH Max 100m Indoor LAN/POE Extender (VOR-ORM)
OUTREACH Max enables network installers to overcome the distance limitations of Ethernet and Power over Ethernet (POE) easily, meaning that IP cameras, wireless access points, and other POE-powered network devices can be located right where they are needed. Simply connect OUTREACH Max in-line with the Cat5 or Cat6 network cable for every extra 100 metres (328 feet) of length required. No configuration or electrical supply is needed, and full-rate network throughput is maintained. OUTREACH Max Ethernet extenders are ideal for IP video applications, as they eliminate the one disadvantage that network cameras have compared to older analogue cameras: the limited cable length. As POE is becoming universal in digital video installations, Cat 5 cable extension is as simple as connecting an OUTREACH Max wherever it is needed. Like IP cameras, wireless access points (WAPs) are ideally suited to POE as they must be positioned optimally in locations that are often inaccessible or remote. Using OUTREACH Max, a WAP - or Bluetooth access point or RFID reader - can be located just where it is needed for optimal coverage.
- OUTREACH Max can also be used to upgrade legacy twisted-pair video installations to IP with POE, where the Cat 5 infrastructure for a network is already in place, but run lengths exceed the 100 meter limit for Ethernet
- OUTREACH Max can be used in combination with OUTREACH Lite to extend networks without POE from 300 meters to over 2 kilometres
- High-power radios and 802.11n APs can take advantage of the POE Plus power which OUTREACH Max supports
- 10BASE-T / 100BASE-TX, full/half duplex (auto-negotiated)
- IEEE 802.3af POE, IEEE 802.3at (2-event) POE Plus, "Always-on" / "dumb" 48V POE
- Note: OUTREACH Max extends network connections to POE-enabled devices only. To extend the range of Ethernet without POE, see Veracity's OUTREACH Lite Ethernet extenders.
|Manufacturer's Product Code||VOR-ORM|
|Power consumption||1.3 watts via POE|
|POE Standards||IEEE 802.3af POE, IEEE 802.3at POE Plus (2-event signature), Custom POE (incl. “always-on 48V” and “4-pair”)|
|Forwarded POE Power||Up to 70 watts depending on standard - Maximum current 0.7 amps on data pairs, Maximum current 1.5 amps on spare pairs|
|Interfaces||Two independently auto-configuring 10/100 ports, (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX, half/full duplex), Patch or crossover cables supported|
|Dimensions||L 105mm W 40mm H 22mm|
|Warranty||Standard 12 Month RTB|